How much must I include in my diet?
US Dietary Guidelines
recommend 2 to 4 servings of fruit and 3 to 5 servings of vegetables
What counts as a serving?
- 1 medium apple or orange or banana
- ½ cup of chopped, cooked, or canned fruit
- ¼ cup of dried fruit
- ¾ cup of fruit or vegetable juice
- 1 cup of raw leafy greens (a little smaller than a softball)
- ½ cup of cooked vegetables
sort is best?
All types. Remember:
variety is best!
For example, frozen and
canned fruits and vegetables can be just as nutritious as fresh.
Frozen or canned produce is often packed immediately after it has been
picked, which helps keep it fresh and nutritious. Fresh produce can
sometimes lose nutrients after being exposed to light or air.